Tito Puente: King of Mambo/El Rey del Mambo
- Check out the Book Trailer for Tito Puente, King of Mambo!
- Monica Brown and Rafael Lopez talk about the creative process behind Tito.
- Watch Tito Puente on Sesame Street!
- An online biography of Tito Puente.
Marisol McDonald Doesn't Match/Marisol McDonald no combina
Check out the Lee and Low teacher's guide
Waiting for the Biblioburro
- Dolores Huerta Foundation
- The United Farmworker's Website There are great resources under the heading "Research."
Chavela and the Magic Bubble
- Check out this wonderful resource from the Rainforest Alliance. - It includes stories, projects, and coloring books related to the Rainforest.
- Listen to "'Chicle': A Chewy Story of the Americas" on NPR!
- This is the Kid's Corner of the US Rainforest Foundation
- Check out the Glee Gum website for lots of fun information about natural chewing gum
Pelé, King of Soccer
- Time Magazine's 100 Heroes and Icons - An interesting article on Pelé
- National Geographic Magazine - All about Brazil!
- Make Brazilian Food!
- US Youth Soccer Coaches Website - Fun soccer training activities.
Butterflies on Carmen Street
- Science Museum of Minnesota
- Monarch Watch
- Journey North - an Annenberg project that tracks wildlife migration.
- A Visit to the Monarch sanctuaries in Mexico.
- How to Create a Butterfly Garden - Creating a butterfly garden.
- Scholastic - A site on immigration, past and present.
- NPR audio - Gabriel García Márquez returns to Aracataca on his 80th and children sing for him.
- Gabriel García Márquez's 1982 Nobel Prize lecture (in English and Spanish.)
- Macondo - A comprehensive site on all things related to Gabriel García Márquez.
- A Primer on Magical Realism.
- Wikipedia - An article on the United Fruit Company and Banana Politics in Latin America.
- The Children's Theater of Minneapolis' Family Guide to the Play - A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings (adapted from Gabriel García Márquez's story.)
Tools for Teachers - Created by Luna Rising.
My Name Is Gabriela/Me llamo Gabriela
- Nobel Prize for Literature (1945)
- Mapping South America (National Geographic Site) - Select Locator Booth (Mapping South America). Includes lessons for K-12.
- Profile of Chile from National Geographic MapMachine.
- PoetryTeachers.com - Teaching Poetry Writing & How to Teach Poetry.
Tools for Teachers - Created by Northland Publishing
My Name Is Celia/Me llamo Celia
- New Curriculum on Celia - Designed by Américas Award judge and multicultural educator, Linda Kreft.
- The Smithsonian's National Museum of American History - The museum is currently hosting a phenomenal exhibit on Celia Cruz - it's brilliant! Includes lesson plans for K-12, too!
- Celia Cruz, the Official Website - (includes information on her autobiography published posthumously.)
- Profile of Cuba from National Geographic MapMachine.
- Cubans: Their History and Life - (includes information about immigration, Cuban Americans, Cuban Spanish, etc.)
- General Background on Salsa Music.